Fast growing publicly traded consumer internet company is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to design and write solutions for processing large volumes of data, including creating database models, while implementing new features and improving the ones we have already built.
- Design and write solutions for processing large volumes of data including creating database models.
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built.
- Tune application and query performance.
- Collaborate with others in crafting and implementing your technical vision.
- Follow agile processes with a focus on delivering production ready testable code in small iterations.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other developers on the team.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution.
Candidates must have:
- 3 – 5years C++ or Java or very strong, code-agnostic, OO development skills.
- Strong distributed systems design and development skills.
- At least 2 years of experience with relational databases, preferably experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Highly desirable if candidate has 5+ years experience working with large databases, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or MySQL.
- Relevant BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is required, advanced CS degree strongly preferred.
- Qualities sought include creativity, initiative, self-starter, attention to detail, sense of ownership, and being result-oriented.