The search industry is fraught with mediocrity, so we set out to build a distinctly different search firm, and have succeeded where others have failed because we have a single-minded focus on what matters most in the search business: Results.
Since our inception we have focused building technology teams for emerging growth companies. We recruit the driven dreamers, proven conjurers, and the experienced ninjas that are essential to the success of all fast growing start-ups and leading technology innovators.
Everything we do here is about making our clients feel like they are working with a partner, not a vendor. Which is why we focus on results. Every one of us. We are known for consistently delivering the most difficult to recruit, elite-level talent available anywhere. That is why our clients view us as an important strategic asset and the front line weapon in their war for talent.
Our Contingent Recruiting practice focuses on building engineering, product, marketing and sales teams for our clients. We recruit high-impact talent for information technology, software and services, consumer internet, systems, storage, mobile, media, networking and infrastructure. We are not only accomplished at finding the high-level talent you want (which is the easy part), we are experts at attracting, closing, and delivering them to you. This why we’ve earned a reputation as one of the most tenacious and respected headhunters on the West Coast.
One often overlooked, but critical advantage a small boutique like Seapoint has over our larger competitors, is we can recruit the brightest talent, from almost any company, anywhere in the world, without the far-reaching restrictions imposed by conflict of interest agreements. Most large search firms are handicapped by hundreds of ‘off limits’ restrictions that hamstring their ability to access large pools of talent at the best companies. They may boast about the marquis names they count as clients and thousands more they have conducted searches for, but they fail to mention that they are prohibited from recruiting from those companies — in other-words they cannot ‘poach’ from past or current clients, where most of the top talent reside. At Seapoint, our size enables us to go where the large search firms cannot, ensuring we can deliver a caliber of candidate unmatched by the larger search firms.
We target passive candidates. Our approach is persistent, meticulous, and aggressive. We never use the job boards, because frankly, the candidate you want isn’t looking for a job. The best and brightest don’t post to job sites, they don’t read or respond to ads, and they probably don’t even have a resume. And because they are functioning at a high level engaged in delivering value for their company, they refuse to respond to most recruiter’s calls too. Not only do we know who these highly sought after individuals are and where they work, but after twenty years in the search business they probably know who we are too, so they take our calls. We have a knack for finding high-impact passive talent, engaging their interest, and delivering them to our clients.
Every search we do is conducted with the same professional discretion, rigorous processes, and disciplined execution, regardless of the assignment. Here’s what you can expect:
- Following in-depth discussions with you, we thoughtfully plan a search strategy that targets the universe of potential candidates and mines all available sources.
- We begin your assignment with an exhaustive search that’s carefully aligned with the specific demands of your business.
- Our outreach is persistent, thematic and aggressive; going far beyond the cursory canvas of known prospects.
- You are kept well informed every step of the way with regular updates. We are available to meet with you as often as needed, and can easily be reached by phone or email, day or night.
- Once an appropriate candidate is surfaced, we interview them not just to your job spec, but we also evaluate for intangibles and culture fit. We are fanatical about the details, so we so conduct covert referencing and verify all candidate credentials before we introduce them to you.
- Following the completion of our due diligence, we facilitate discussions between you and the candidate.
- In order to ensure a successful outcome for all involved, we are available to offer market intelligence, compensation data, and unique insights into the latest best-in-class talent acquisition strategies proven to help you win the war for talent by securing the candidates you want.
- We stand behind our work and offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
We are a purpose-built search boutique lead by a small team of seasoned recruiters, each bringing at least a decade or more of proven experience and track record of getting results. We have made hundreds of successful placements in most functional areas across the entire technology value chain, so you can trust we have the expertise to deliver the talent you want with unsurpassed precision and speed.
We believe in integrity and transparency in all of our dealings. We have no hidden agendas. While money is an important and necessary component of what we do, it is not our motivator. We are people who are curious about the world, and about how to make it better. Our satisfaction comes from meeting people who feel the same way, and then helping them become successful.
“The team at Seapoint is among the best in the recruiting industry. They have my highest recommendation.” – Gavin Zhu, Founder and CEO